This experience solidified my resolve to design my research processes in such a way to minimize any friction for anyone in the future who might want to work with whatever files or data I leave behind.
Functionally for me, this means (where possible!):
- Open source beats closed source.
- Ubiquitous beats niche software.
- Automation/scripting beats manual processes.
- Plain text beats binaries.
- README's in every project directory.
URL de trackback de esta historia http://fernand0.blogalia.com//trackbacks/70508